Friday, December 12, 2014

Othello test answers

Othello Act 2 Test Answers
Part A/ Modern English
I ’m amazed you are standing in front of me(or got here ahead of me)
But my soul is overjoyed!!
My love, if the calm after the storm could always be this wonderful,
I’d want the wind to blow until it waked the dead,
Let my ship be rocked by the waves
as whipped up  as tall as mountains(or Mount Olympus)!
As high as the length from heaven to hell
If I died right now I’d be most happy,
For I fear  I’ll probably never feel as absolutely satisfied
as this again in my life.
Othello is speaking to Des. There is foreshadowing here in the last two lines, because Othello is not going to be as satisfied again….
Part B:

Part B: Short Answers       /10
(2 marks each)
1.Who says “the wine she drinks is made of grapes?” to whom? Iago to Roderigo

2.What does the line above mean in your own words?he is saying that Des is not so special. That she is but a mere human and eats and drinks like everyone else and is therefore like everyone else.


3.Name two ways that Michael Cassio is falling into Iago’s trap.
Cassio is flirting with Des.by kissing her hand in public. He also praises her too highly.


4.What is the format that Iago uses when he criticizes Emilia and all women? Describe how he does this.
Iago is bringing up praise of women only to then belittle the praise. He shows that even the best women are flawed and that all women are manipulative and good for nothing except household and wifely duties.

5.Give two adjectives that people have used to describe the Moor’s personality.
Valiant and brave


No comments:

Post a Comment